Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Making our way through - YES Challenge Shortlisting Session!!

Since my dear teammate has so kindly posted up a couple of pictures from this event, I shall not post anymore. Honestly, I don't have anymore to post hahaha!!! I guess I shall relate to you the feelings and thoughts that I experienced during this event.

Couple of days before attending this session, I was full of confident that I would be able to wow the judges with my elevator pitch. I practiced it in privacy with full enthusiasm. However, as the hours drew closer to the appointed date and time, a spark of nervousness kicked in. I started to worry about the weight that was on my shoulders, the weight representing the responsibility of performing my speech to the best.

Anyways, elaine and I, along with two other supportive friends, arrived at the Menara Star and awaited patiently....and nervously. As we were moments away from the actual presentation, there was such a chill creeping down my spine which almost made me lose my confidence. But at least I had my business partner Elaine to keep me going. Well, the crowd in the rooms began to decrease gradually as I went over and over my lines....before i knew it, it was already our turn.



Elaine and I entered the hall and my heart beat sped like a bullet train. But I was still holding on to the dream of winning the judges attention with my cool speech...hahaha. Once we both got on stage and began my presentation, the slides being shown met with a malfunction. Gosh it definitely gt the judges attention as well as put me off my focus in delivering the speech.
But "the show must go on" and I continued till the timer went off.



The dreaded Q&A session arrived and boy it was not fun. But we both answered as best as we could, especially Elaine's approach to the final ques...hahaha...its something I will not forget. It finally came to an end, a relief came over us, and we could finally relax and enjoy the rest of the day. There was a warm thank you provided to us by Michael Reyes and Wong UV which really helped everyone feel better in regards to their efforts meeting with appreciation. So overall it was not too bad of a day and the event was a good experience for all of us. Now we have to see what the next step holds for us and what the results will be. :S



No comments:

Post a Comment